Who we are
Transport Action Network exists to support local groups and individuals get better transport infrastructure and services and part of the involves encouraging them to network, to share information and ideas and to work together where appropriate.
Transport Action Network will always store your personal details securely. We will use your details to communicate with you in the way(s) that you have actively agreed to. Your data may also be used for analysis purposes to help us provide the best possible means of contacting you.
We will never pass your details on to anyone else without your explicit consent and this is normally only to like-minded individuals and groups to facilitate networking. You are free to change your mind at any time by changing your contact preferences online (where applicable), or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport Action Network, 139 Hollingdean Terrace, Brighton, BN1 7HF. Email: email@example.com
What data we collect from you
We collect information you provide i.e. your name, email address and phone number (optional).
How we use your data
- We will use your email address to send you emails about campaign updates, news, forthcoming events and other information that is likely to be of interest to you.
- We will use your phone number to contact you about urgent or important issues or should your email address no longer work, to clarify
- if you still want to stay in touch
- We will process your personal data using GDPR rules
- We will only use your email address to send you emails if we have your consent.
- We will only use your phone number to call you if we have your consent.
- We will only process your personal data to send you information about our activities and related activities if we have your consent.
- We may use your email address to mail you information about our activities and to send you administrative mail.
- We will also use this information for internal reporting and analysis.
- To opt out of any of the above please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Subject Rights
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) you, as the data subject, have the following rights:
- You have the right to ask us for a copy of the data we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us to correct any data we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us to delete the data we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your data.
- You have the right to ask us to provide you with your data in a common, machine readable format.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your data to specific purposes.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office – https://ico.org.uk/
We will not charge you for a copy of the data we hold about you, and we will respond to requests within 1 month.
Sharing your data
- We will never sell your personal data to another organisation
- We will only share your data with your consent (normally to enable groups or people to network).
- We may disclose your personal data if required by law or to enforce our legal right.
How long we will hold your data
- We will hold your personal data for a maximum of 5 years before gaining further consent, unless instructed differently by you.
- We will review our criteria for determining our retention period regularly.
Review date: November 2021